The legal industry is undergoing a period of change. Law school admissions are historically low. Advanced analytics and machine learning are the standard within legal work. New data privacy regulations are forcing organizations to rethink their approach to enterprise data and customer relationships.
To investigate these shifts, Relativity and FTI Technology retained Ari Kaplan Advisors to survey chief legal officers about the future of the legal industry and the skills and expertise needed for the next generation of lawyers.
Between March and June of 2019, Ari Kaplan conducted interviews with 32 general counsel from corporations of all sizes.
Download this study to gain insight on:
- The evolving role of in-house counsel
- Corporate risk factors and how the modern legal department is addressing them
- Technology and innovation in law
- What general counsel want from their law firms
- Advice for future lawyers